Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,967Gear list
Like?
I know...I need a psych audit but replacing 31ltd with Sigma 18-35/1.8
9 months ago

OK, some know I lost most of my gear recently and am in the process of slowly replacing the key pieces.  This has been in my head for a week now but I am 99% sold on grabbing the new Sigma 18-35/1.8 instead of immediately replacing my now gone 31ltd.

My thoughts are I shoot some events in pretty low light and can use the speed in a zoom.  It will help with shutter speed and lower ISO in tight spaces that no other lens in my bag will offer.  And at a nice price to boot.

I have zero illusions the 18-35 will give me the same shots I can get from the 31ltd but it will certainly give me what seem to be upper end results.  It also gives me 3/4-stop over the 16-50mm.  And that is also an option really because the extra 2mm might be nice but I don't think for the shots I'll be using it for that would be significant.

So my order is in and well, it is going to be an "interesting" switch.  Not as huge a thing as going from a 180/3.5 macro to a 35/2.8 macro which had people questioning my sanity as well.  But I have never regretted that move...

So nothing here really just rambling about an goofy idea I'm gonna try just because I can, even if it means waiting a while, I recently read as late as April now.  Sigh...maybe I can rent a 16-50 when I need something for an event.  

It's OK to point-n-laugh at the weird guy!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow