Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Gary Eickmeier
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,447
Like?
Re: The a7 Review
In reply to JamieTux, 7 months ago

JamieTux wrote:

dlkeller wrote:

I see nothing rude or out of line in his comments although I might add the need for a clunky adaptor to use A mount lenses or buy over priced FE mount to his list of complaints. I didn't find the DPR analysis very encouraging for meeting what I want in a camera. Glad you are happy with yours, but then you also have the A99 to shoot with to avoid the A7 issues for those types of photography.

-- hide signature --

Dave

OK it wasn't directed at any one person but I don't find the controls clunky at all and for some situations it's actually quicker and easier to control.

The IQ in the right conditions on the A7r is better, Gary complains about that versus his A77 with no explanation as to why his A77 could have better IQ.

He also says that you can't use studio strobes with it, well I've been shooting for clients in the studio with no issues.

My past negativity?

They haven't posted the a7r review yet, but I have read in their preview that it has a bad lag problem. They said that the a7 can't shoot with studio strobes because it doesn't have the Effect Off setting like the a77 does. The review just didn't look very tempting considering the price. As for image quality issues, it's all right there in the review, especially in JPEG.

Now to the point of departure of a decision on purchasing. I was all on fire to lust after one of these versatile new bodies, but the review dampened that. Yah it's full frame. Yah it can take a number of lenses. But I am so happy with the a77 that I just don't see a rationale to make the jump, even if I could afford it.

-- hide signature --

Gary Eickmeier

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow