Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
digital ed
Senior MemberPosts: 2,645Gear list
Like?
Sports with D800 (pics)
6 months ago

Recently had friends of the family come down to the desert for a Lacrosse Tournament. It was called the Sandstorm tournament and was very large and included teams comprising girls and boys of high school age.

I haven't shot sport since High School so thought it would be a good test for me and the D800. All shots were A priority at f5.6 using my 70-200 2.8.

Shot a little over 70 images. About 5 or so were OOF, mostly due to my technique. One grabbed the background I believe due to my hurry to shoot before correct focus was obtained. DOF is easily seen by the sharpness of the grass.

Some cropping done to isolate action.

I inadvertently uploaded without exif but can provide if desired. Viewing gallery at original size is much sharper than clicking on the image.

-- hide signature --

"There is a little of not done yet in all of us."
John Madden, football coach

digital ed's gear list:digital ed's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +13 more
Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow