Another bad K-3, what is with this.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 3,171Gear list
Like?
Re: Another bad K-3, what is with this.
In reply to konanon, 11 months ago

konanon wrote:

For what's it's worth, my first K-3 was a dud. It had a remarkable back focus problem that tweaking did not fix. I took it back to the store to test with different lenses.

With the DA* 16-50 f/2.8, it had the same problem. It only took about 3 shutter clicks to convince the sales person. -7, +7, it didn't matter. Exchanged it for another one and problem fixed. I haven't looked back since.

As for the lack of sharpness some are complaining about, I recall when the first few Nikon 24 mp were released (D600, D5200, D7100), users on the Nikon side of the house had similar complaints.

Similar complaints?  D600?  No, I went through that one and it was different than this.  My D600 = no problems at all, but one couldn't tell from the 1000s of dust/oil on the sensor threads out there that it was a decent camera.  Ultimately, this drove resell value down and forced Nikon to bring out the D610.  Trying to say (as some are, not necessarily you) K3 has general QA/QC problems based on this little volume and usage seems a bit ridiculous to me.

There is definitely a bit of a learning curve with 24mp sensors. I haven't observed those problems with my K-3 (the second one that is). It's one hell of a camera.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow