Gary Martin
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,150Gear list
Like?
Re: Another bad K-3, what is with this.
In reply to Twojugs, 11 months ago

Twojugs wrote:

audiobomber wrote:

kh1234567890 wrote:

I'm amazed that the fanboys will never give up. The K-3 has less than a quarter extra resolution over the K-5 etc. It should not be rocket science to get as sharp shots with it as you can with the other models. If enough of them get returned and end up in landfill Ricoh might get the point that there is something up with it.

Are you trying to say that all K-3's have sharpness issues? If so, I can assure you as an owner that you are wrong.

-- hide signature --

Dan

But if he is trying to say that SOME K-3's have sharpness issues that are corrected by a trip to Pentax, then I can assure you as an owner of one, that he is correct. With all the reports so far, there can be no doubt that a significant number is K-3's have shipped with problems.

Completely false; all we can say is - like every camera ever made - there are some bad units out there and there is always a chance of getting two (or more!) in a row. Since you have no real data other than a few reports (nowhere near enough to be a real data point), we have absolutely NO IDEA how many K-3's have shipped with problems. It's entirely possible that the K-3 has a high defect rate, and it's entirely possible that the K-3 has a very low defect rate. Only Ricoh and those who service these cameras knows the truth. However, I sympathize with the OP, and understand his frustration.

Gary Martin's gear list:Gary Martin's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow