Panasonic G6

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
hindesite
Senior MemberPosts: 1,254
Like?
Good choice
In reply to brownei, 8 months ago

G6 is a great way to get into m4/3 - it isn't hideously expensive, it handles well, and produces good results. It seems consistently reliable and quite boring. In my experience, it is way better than the E-M5 in ergonomics and reliability.

Coming from DSLR the handling is similar, albeit in a smaller package. The biggest change is the move to EVF, and once you make the move you'll wonder why people stick with OVF with its small size, lack of information and often no focusing aids or even zoom view.

The articulated LCD is indispensable for any photography where you aren't just standing upright and taking photos of your cat or grandchildren. Great for nature and outdoors shots, pet photography, macro photography etc.

I got a G6 to complement my E-P1, didn't want two bodies with the same form factor but I did want to use the same lenses. Is there any other lens mount that allows you to do this?

I wouldn't put too much weight on people's comments as to why they didn't buy a G6, after all people who don't own a G6 far outnumber those who do, and there is a LOT of choice in the m4/3 system.

Oh yeah - don't discount the usefulness of the kit zooms, both of them (the 14-42 and the 45-150) are really very excellent.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow