This thread is locked.
Leonard Migliore
Forum ProPosts: 10,617Gear list
Re: sure you can
In reply to canonagain123, 11 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

brianric wrote:

carl english wrote:

Agree with OP apart from the ISO, you could vary ISO with film, just meant a bit more work in Dark room.

Could you work with different ISO on the same roll of film?

but only if you process the film yourself. see my other post: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52975629

of course you'll process the film yourself if you want the most out of it, but since this isn't obvious to soem people it seems fair to mention it.

I would never cut a roll of film so I could process different parts of it differently. It makes more sense to just rewind and put in another roll. Less opportunity for disaster in the darkroom.

Another issue is that I always settled on a particular developer and processing time for whatever films I was using so I would not, for example, push Pan X to ASA 400. If I needed such a high ASA, I'd rewind the Pan X and put in a roll of the hated Tri-X.

This is, of course, not a problem with large format.

-- hide signature --

Leonard Migliore

Leonard Migliore's gear list:Leonard Migliore's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Nikon D300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +11 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
+1New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
XP2New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow