RX10 or Olympus EM-1

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Jogger
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,386Gear list
Like?
Re: RX10 or Olympus EM-1
In reply to The Mighty Tybee, 6 months ago

I would get the EM1 if you plan on getting the f2.8 zooms or some of the primes. Image quality and range is unbeatable.

If you are planning on using the EM1 with the slow kit lenses, or slow zooms.. then I would get the RX10. The lens on it is very good with great range and f2.8, at base ISO the image quality matches the EM1, and the video quality and flexibility is far better.

The Mighty Tybee wrote:

I am looking at an RX10 or the Oly EM-1 with a small kit of lenses. At the moment, I do not own either. The relative price of one choice over the other is not my present concern. The EM-1 has a MFT sensor w/16MP, while the RX10 has a 1" sensor with 21MP. I've looked at the DPReview image samples, but cannot see much difference either at the base ISO or higher. Does anyone here have direct experience comparing these two cameras?

Jogger's gear list:Jogger's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow