Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gandu
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
Fuji X-E2 - initial lens advice
6 months ago

Currently have: NEX-6 + 16-50 kit lens + Sigma 30mm + Sony35mm + some manual lenses and a Fuji X100

About me:

-I shoot only JPEG
-amateur/enthusiast. indoors in low light (baby), landscapes, portraits
-FL most used: 16-35mm, some 50mm

I love the X100 and feel no need to sell it or upgrade. It is finicky and takes a little bit more work to get a picture than the NEX-6, but the results make it worth it to me.

The NEX - its ok I guess. Lens selection not great. PDAF not all that great.
I have been internally debating switching NEX for Panasonic GM1 (really pocketable and great AF) or the Fuji X-E2 (much better IQ).

Since my feelings toward the NEX-6 are lukewarm, I am planning to get rid of the NEX-6 kit soon, and wait to pick up an X-E2 + 1 prime + 1 prime/zoom once prices drop in a few months.

No way I'm getting the 23mm or 27mm as I have the X100. The 14mm looks awesome, but is $1k (!) and big, the 35mm is apparently great IQ but noisy (?), 18mm is supposedly ok, the 56mm seems big just like the 14mm, 18-55mm is large and alright.
The whole reason I got rid of my DSLRs in the past and went mirrorless was size (and possible pocketability), so last thing I want is large lenses that make the camera comparable in size to a DSLR (its funny how all mirrorless users switch from DSLR because they are too bulky just to get another bulky camera when you attach a lens!!! talk about drinking kool aid). What 2 lenses would you get?

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow