Walked into a store today to collect the Sony A7....

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,208
Like?
Walked into a store today to collect the Sony A7....
8 months ago

....but walked out with te Pentax K3, truly.

How could that happen? Well, I was planning on going Ff this year because I have a small collection of Zeiss ZK primes. Seeing the release of the Sony A7(r), and not wanting to sit out the wait for a (still only hypothetical) Pentax FF, I was preparing for shooting with a (partly) plastic body with an EVF and a small form factor that produces lossy compression raw files..... but still takes stellar pictures with the Zeiss Distagon lenses.

So why the Pentax K3 after all? The sigma 500/4.5 and the imminent TC 1.4 HD! I don't have the budget to get more than one new body each year, and the feel, the build quality of the Pentax (K3), just had me hooked and makes me wait óne more year for the possible Pentax FF, with OVF, first rate build quality and lossless compression raw files. What a nice surprise to turn the computer on, and read on Dpreview that the 1.4TC HD is on the (near) horizon!

So that's it, no Sony, not this year, but next year when Pentax fails to release the FF.

Chris

Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow