Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,372Gear list
Like?
The 24MP Mumble Jumbo!
3 months ago

How many of you would not mind fuji to increase the resolution to 24MP? Do you think that would affect IQ alone. Would some of you NOT want fuji to touch the 16MP resolution?

I personally think 16MP is enough, at least for what i do. In fact, i previously downgraded from 16MP nikon to the X10 and S5 Pro, and i don't have any complaints so far, like i said, for what i do, family and friends portraits.

Lots of people that don't have a CLUE about photography "think" that 24MP has to do with very good IQ. I was talking to someone about purchasing a new camera, and another friend of mine that doesn't know anything about photography heard what i said and he said right away: "Get a 24MP camera!"

On top of that, doesn't 24MP require MORE work(technique), AND money(the best lenses)?? Not a very wise thing to do, in my humble opinion.

I guess it depends on what you REALLY do, but what are your thoughts?

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow