after the DA 55-300... which lens is "better" ?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Holger Bargen
Contributing MemberPosts: 700Gear list
Like?
Re: after the DA 55-300... which lens is "better" ?
In reply to jf_tea, 6 months ago

Dear jf_tea,

I own the 55-300 for my private Equipment. First I was very satisfied with it and I still think that it is a very nice lens if you Keep in mind what it costs.

Then I tried to use it for a Task at my Job and found that it is not sharp enough - especially to the edges it is  not good enough. In my Job I found the 60-250mm lens as a very reliable lens with a very good quality.

Later on I found that DxO offers a correction module for this lens and for camera lens combination of a lot of Pentax cameras. This correction works very fine. I do not know if the lens togehter with this correction would be good enough for my Needs at my Job - but for my private Needs I am more than satisfied with this combination.

Maybe this could be a solution for you, too.

For my private Equipment I have two very good non-AF lenses within the rang of this lens if I Need high-end sharpness: The Tamron 180 mm f=2.5 and the Pentax A* 300. If you cann efford the DA 300mm it would be an excelent lens for you. The Sigma lenses seems to be to bulky for me.

Best regards

Holger

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 EX DG Aspherical HSM Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 DC Macro OS HSM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow