after the DA 55-300... which lens is "better" ?

Started Jan 24, 2014 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Holger Bargen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,107Gear list
Re: after the DA 55-300... which lens is "better" ?
In reply to jf_tea, Jan 24, 2014

Dear jf_tea,

I own the 55-300 for my private Equipment. First I was very satisfied with it and I still think that it is a very nice lens if you Keep in mind what it costs.

Then I tried to use it for a Task at my Job and found that it is not sharp enough - especially to the edges it is  not good enough. In my Job I found the 60-250mm lens as a very reliable lens with a very good quality.

Later on I found that DxO offers a correction module for this lens and for camera lens combination of a lot of Pentax cameras. This correction works very fine. I do not know if the lens togehter with this correction would be good enough for my Needs at my Job - but for my private Needs I am more than satisfied with this combination.

Maybe this could be a solution for you, too.

For my private Equipment I have two very good non-AF lenses within the rang of this lens if I Need high-end sharpness: The Tamron 180 mm f=2.5 and the Pentax A* 300. If you cann efford the DA 300mm it would be an excelent lens for you. The Sigma lenses seems to be to bulky for me.

Best regards

Holger Bargen's gear list:Holger Bargen's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-S1 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow