Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Ralph Ramirez
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,567
Like?
Re: Did you know using PS is cheating?
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 6 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

brick33308 wrote:

Or so says Florida Nature Photagrapher in his post (linked below) responding to my retouch of the OP's photo (per her invitation). Immediately following his assertion are my 2 separate responses.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52970768

For those who don't click through to the link I didn't say that using PhotoShop is cheating.

In reworking a photo a new background was added that was not present when the photograph was taken and I responded to that with the comment "To me that is cheating".

Your comment is what it is however; cheating doesn't describe someone modifying a photo for whatever reason regardless how gaudy it may seem.  Now in blackjack or poker you might get in trouble.  Ansel Adams certainly did a lot of image manipulation with his wonderful development techniques but he certainly wasn't cheating.........Ralph

My post was an attempt to generate friendly discussion on the limits we as photographers should set when enhancing a photograph.

I am very new to this craft and I am trying to establish for myself what is and is not reasonable. I won't be able to do that without input from folks like you.

I make my best effort to generate discussion without offending anyone. In this case I clearly failed. I regret the poor use of my communication skills. I do not regret my attempt to gain perspective from the views of others.

P.S. Lawrence, I'm a he.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WhyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow