Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
esco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,780
Like?
Re: "Patience is Bitter...
In reply to Doctor Lecter, 9 months ago

Doctor Lecter wrote:

...but its fruit is sweet." —Aristotle

I keep thinking of all these poor saps who are cutting their line and running into the hands of Canikon. BAD move, IMHO.

Yes, we were all saddened by the lack of the hoped-for E-7... but Olympus did not abandon us. I haven't tried the EM-1 yet, but it does work, and work well, with 4/3 lenses.. and the next generation will likely be seamless.

Photography is changing in MAJOR ways right now. It's almost like the early days when film was first getting stomped on by digital, and hold-outs (like me) said, "digital will never be as good as film.." well, we know what happened there.

Now it's the end of the DSLR... the mirror is soon to be a relic. Why, why, why would you dump your Oly gear and buy into another DSLR system?

Olympus and m4/3 seem to be the cutting edge of ILCs... rave reviews. We've got great lenses and a path forward.

Just my 2 cents.

-- hide signature --

Dr. Lecter

Another way to look at it is that some people would rather buy the tools that are gonna get the job done so that they can better focus on the photography. Once your tool starts becomming a distraction, something that holds you back then you're no longer putting the photography first, you're sticking around because you're loyal to a brand and not necessarily because it's the right choice for your photography.
People rather take advantage of what's out there today then to distract themselves with what's holding them back yesterday. This isn't to say one must upgrade every year but one must know when to move on, it can be the difference between capturing something you couldn't before and further enjoying photography or getting a feeling of anxiety knowing you couldn't capture something because of your gear.

-- hide signature --

Photographer first, gear second

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow