Senior MemberPosts: 2,422Gear list
Like?
Re: Questions regarding a new iMac 27inch 3TB fusion
In reply to EricWN, 3 months ago

EricWN wrote:

Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee wrote:

joger wrote:

doctorxring wrote:

My motto is still intact since my Windows days, which stopped 7 years ago when I got my first iMac. I don't upgrade OS versions until I have a pressing need if everything is sailing along with my current one.

eye candy? Energy saving? App Nap?

I think it is a perception thing - if some minor flaws distract you that much and the new features don't attract you?

I always switch immediately for one of my machines and give it a one or two day test drive and if only a few graphic misbehaviors occur I am all in because I want to get used to the new UI since I will have to adopt sooner or later and I am a slow adopter

As long as the OS runs stable and has no major issues like data loss I am fine with some inconsistencies - that's me of course and Mavericks is running now for weeks flawless on my MACs

btw - 10.9.2 is near and I guess we will see further improvements and fine tuning - I'd use Mavericks - in fact I do and I am satisfied with the new features

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

Aperture crashes, freezing the computer necessitating pulling the plug, in Mavericks. It does it every few days on me. There's loads on-line on it and on-one has a cure. While Aperture itself used to crash, you could always force quit and restart straight away. With this latest problem with Mavericks you have to rebuild your database almost every time, which takes 10mins with my current one.

You may yet find your new MacPro a bit of a problem. I hope you don't. Mavericks is not as good as its two predecessors in most people's books.

Aperture runs smooth on my machines, and the couple users I saw who upgraded to 10.9 too had nothing of this sort to report. In my opinion it feels like a very good release.

most of the time the problem sits in front of the computer 

I had for months irregular occasional crashes and problems with 10.8 until I found out it was neither the hardware nor any installed application but the SOPHOS anti virus tool that interacted in some irregular way. Removed it and ever since it worked flawlessly.

It is a question whether you understand what interacts with what. Unfortunately it is not that easy sometimes - but the same applies to photography.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein
if you start to fight with a pig you'll end up mud-wrestling - the only difference is the pig will like it

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon TS-E 90mm f/2.8 Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow