ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nandbytes
Senior MemberPosts: 3,398Gear list
Like?
Do people even consider Sony!!?
10 months ago

Or even pentax and others.

I see so many threads on the beginner forum here and elsewhere where people go "buying my first DSLR should i buy canon XXX or nikon XXXX" and I bet they haven't looked at any other options. Just makes me go in want to say, you shouldn't be buying a DSLR at all because photography isn't for sheep, its for people who think and strive to produce pictures as a art form. (Bit extreme I know, hence I don't actually post that lol)

My dad used Yashica which I learnt my stuff from back in film days, and now we have canon at home. When I was at stage to invest in camera, I could have just gone an bought another canon, that would have been easy.

I was having a chat with colleagues last night. I found out one of my colleagues still uses old minolta film cameras and he was interested in an alpha now. So I took my A57 for him to try out all his glass to his hearts content. He doesn't want to buy any new lenses, he just wants a DSLR/SLT body that will work with his old stuff. We were interrupted by an other colleague and he starts off with "oh the Sony DSLR. I would suggest going for nikon or canon if you considering a new camera". Annoyed the hell out me. That guy doesn't even own a dslr let alone lenses etc. He still has the cheek to suggest canikon is the way to go for someone who has no interest in buying new lenses or changing mounts. My colleague is one of those people who will probably keep his new alpha for the next 20 years lol. Suggested him the A99 as all his lenses are FF. Not sure he liked the EVF tbh, but he didn't say he disliked it.

/rant

nandbytes's gear list:nandbytes's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony a77 II Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +3 more
Sony SLT-A57 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
No.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow