Ulric
Senior MemberPosts: 2,636Gear list
Like?
Re: Tomatoes or Potatoes - Olympus 12-50 vs Shutter-shock
In reply to pdelux, 11 months ago

pdelux wrote:

Ulric wrote:

s_grins wrote:

You could exclude operational error by setting camera on tripod.

The more testing the testing conditions are changed from normal shooting conditions, the less valid the test is. I seldom use a tripod, therefore a tripod would invalidate this test.

Did you notice that the way the camera was held had a huge impact on the result?

I think your theory is wrong, then why would Car makers use Crash Test Dummies in Cars that are not driven but pushed along with other machines to smash into walls etc.. these do not "invalidate" the test. In fact it allows for measurable and repeatable tests and removes anomolies, hence why s_grin is correct, even though you do not use a tripod, it does not make the test invalid.

Driving head-on into a block of concrete is dangerous. I assure you that cars are tested by human drivers too. By your logic, this test is not measurable or repeatable:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaYFLb8WMGM

Ulric's gear list:Ulric's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow