Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Ernie Misner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,830
Like?
Re: The Missions of San Antonio
In reply to gnagel, 11 months ago

gnagel wrote:

Tom_Bruno wrote:

Nice shots. Makes me want to go. I've never been to San Antonio.

Those are nice, clean lines, lighting well balanced. No distracting elements. A couple of techinical Q's: Handheld? Any HDR's in there? Did you do perspective distortion correction or just shoot straight on?

Thanks for posting. It's a pleasure to look at these.
---------------
Tom B

Thank you, Tom

All of these images were captured using a tripod, mirror lock up and a cable release.

All of these images are five to seven frame HDR.

I use the Photoshop Perspective Crop Tool to help straighten the lines. They are usually relatively straight out of camera as I try my best to keep the lens parallel to the subject. But, sometimes a correction is necessary during processing.

Glenn

Fantastic and super clean work Glenn!  Next to the last one with the mottled light really, really does it for me but they are all terrific.  About the 5-7 exposures Glenn, assuming one stop apart, some of the scenes look like 3 exposures would have contained the highlights and shadows without blowing out anything.  (some didn't look all that high contrast but maybe they actually were)  So.... for example if 3 exposures showed on the histogram as no blown highlights and no blocked up shadows, would shooting more exposures equal a better image?  Thanks a bunch and great work.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow