ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,910
Like?
Plan for my K-5, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, and K-3
9 months ago

Hi folks,

FWIW: I cannot tell any difference between the K-5 IIs and the K-3 with the use of the same lens, and an image of the same subject, printed at 12x18 inches on A3+ (13x19 inch) paper. This is the largest size I will ever be printing.

So, my plan is to use the K-3 for BIFs because of it's better tracking and FPS ability, small birds that have landed because of it's cropping ability, and any other image that might require larger cropping.

I will be using the K-5, K-5 II, and K-5 IIs for everything else.

I now think I am set for the rest of my photographic life. However, if Ricoh produces a FF Pentax DSLR camera and / or a mirrorless in the form similar to the Sony NEX-6 or Nex-7 cameras then I will most likely buy them just because.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Cheers and happy shooting everyone.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-5 IIs Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow