Pentax K-3 versus Pentax K-5 IIs (2 imgs)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,929
Like?
Pentax K-3 versus Pentax K-5 IIs (2 imgs)
10 months ago

Warning - The originals are very large images, K-3 = 16mb, K-5 IIs = 8mb

I was hoping to spot some deer that I could do a comparison of the K-3 versus K-5 IIs, no luck. So, I just shot this small rock building up on the mountain. Both images were shot with identical lenses, the Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO EX DG Tele-macro. The EXIF info is intact. I did the best I could to match exposures and color. No sharpening was added to these images. SR was turned on. These were taken with the lens supported on my Jeep window. Two other images that I took had the SR turned off and I noticed no difference. These are JPGs processed from DNGs. Make whatever you will from them.

EDIT: These were shot in AF-S with single focus point. The focus point was on the top left corner of the building.

Pentax K-3 + Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO EX DG Tele-macro. The original is 16mb.

Pentax K-5 IIs + Sigma 400mm f5.6 APO EX DG Tele-macro. The original is 8mb

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3 Pentax K-5 IIs
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow