Suggestions For My Canada Trip

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Ron AKA
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,875Gear list
Like?
Re: Suggestions For My Canada Trip
In reply to kcamacho11, 11 months ago

I have lived in 5 of Canada's 10 provinces, and visited all 10. If I had to pick out one highlight to see it would be:

Fogo Island - Located in Newfoundland. It is a relatively short drive from Gander airport. According to the Flat Earth Society it is one of the four corners of the flat earth! You take a ferry to get there, and there is not many places to stay, so it is probably most practical to do as a day trip(s). There is one recently opened hotel which caters to the very high end, and is a bit pricy - Fogo Island Inn. Fogo Island is popular with artists, and there is lots of opportunity for photography. If you Google it you should find no shortage of material to get a sample of what it is like.

Newfoundland is out of the way and you probably need 2+ weeks to see it all. However near Fogo is Twillingate, where there are lots of bed and breakfast and other places to stay that are much more reasonable in cost. It also has lots of photo ops, and at the right time of year boats will take you out to see icebergs. And not all that far away is Bonavista and Trinity. Near Trinity is one of the most scenic and reasonable hikes - Skerwink Trail.

Ron AKA's gear list:Ron AKA's gear list
Sony RX100 Epson Stylus Photo R3000 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow