Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Jay A
Senior MemberPosts: 1,117
Like?
D800 Over a Year On - Continuation
11 months ago

I wanted to respond to this thread but it's reached its limit...

Someone mentioned something about the D800 AF problems being not much more than internet hype and asked me "what issue." My response is that, just because Nikon chooses not to acknowledge an issue (they never did with the D600 either) this does not mean there isn't one, nor that it is not a real one. Fact is, I myself went through 5 D800 and 3 D800e bodies, going back forth between retailers AND Nikon here in NY area before I finally gave up on them. They were absolutely horrendous at any kind of consistency when it came to AF. I would find that I had to redo the Micro Adjustments almost everytime I changed lenses, sometimes they would focus fairly accurately, sometimes they were so far off it was amazing, and I finally just dumped everything and went to Canon. This was a year ago. Since that time, I haven't even had to turn micro adjustment ON on the Canons.

I was also taken to task when I commented on the SB-900 "issue" for mentioning that the fix back then was to just turn off the focus assist light. Well ya know what? It's been almost 2 years for this issue to be resolved and nothing!

So I am sorry if my candor has insulted anyone who loves his/her D800 but there are just way too many people who have complained to deaf ears in the past couple of years about this camera. Yes it IS a real issue

Nikon D600 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow