FOR SALE: Nikon D3 body, 1.4x TC & 70-200mm lens (sold together or separate)

Started 7 months ago | For sale thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Flashfire
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
FOR SALE: Nikon D3 body, 1.4x TC & 70-200mm lens (sold together or separate)
7 months ago

If you would like everything you see here, I can offer the whole lot below for $4,000 or best offer, S&H to be determined depending on actual costs, mailing within the United States only. Otherwise, the body, teleconverter and lens are available separately with individual prices listed below.

I will consider all serious offers and accept payment via PayPal or personal check, though either method of payment must clear before I will ship.

Please contact me via PM with any questions, requests for more photos, etc.

After some thought, I've decided it's time to sell my D3. I purchased it brand new back in 2009 and it was primarily used for baseball photography. When I checked the actuations a year ago, the count was 37,993. The shutter should be good for approximately 300,000 actuations, so this one's "life" could be assumed to be about 12.7% used. I have not shot with this camera since I took that count.

I consider the body to be in excellent condition, as I took care to protect it at all times. The body itself might benefit from a general servicing and cleaning, but is otherwise as you would expect.

I looked around and while I could not find the box, I do have the manuals and disc that came with it. You will also receive the accessories I have. This includes 3 SanDisk Extreme IV 8GB, 45MB/s CF memory cards, 2 Nikon Li-ion EN-EL4a batteries, a Nikon quick charger MH-22 (can charge 2 batteries at once) and a Dynex multi-card reader with USB cable. I'm including a USB cable for the D3 itself, but I was unable to find the power cord for it. That should not be hard to get if you really need one, though.

I am asking $2,400 for the body and accessories, or best offer.

Both batteries are rated at 2 on the 1-4 scale (1 being most life left, 4 being least). See the three photos below for the camera & accessories, plus the two battery displays (with a screen protector visible).

I am also offering my Nikon TC-14EII AF-S Teleconverter. This was bought around 2010 or 2011, if I remember right. It is, of course, used but it is in excellent shape. Asking price for this is $350 or best offer, and does include the box and paperwork that came with it. Here's a photo.

Finally, I have a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR telephoto lens available. This was originally purchased when I bought the D3 itself, and it has been my go-to lens for everything I did with the camera itself.

Be aware that the metal threading for the plate started to come out of its place. This happened because I preferred mounting this lens directly to a monopod without the mounting foot itself while shooting baseball games. I felt I had a better fit that way, but over time it begin to tug part of the threading out of place, preventing me from putting the tripod mounting foot back on.

I clipped it slightly and you can now fit the foot properly and securely as it ought to be. Some people like to replace the plate with better versions anyway. Photos are included below to show what I mean, but aside from that the lens and glass are just what you would expect them to be. There are no scratches on the glass.

I always used a UV filter for added protection as well, and I'm including that along with a polarizing filter, both made by Quantaray. Lens includes the HB-29 hood and lens caps, along with the case it came with plus the manual, though I no longer have the box. I am asking $1,500 or best offer for this.

The plate before.

The plate after.

FOR SALE STATUS:
Thread closed
View using Google Maps: Elk Grove, CA, United States

Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon D3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow