I need a portrait and ultra wide. I get to spend big $ on one of them. help please:)

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
raininspain
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
I need a portrait and ultra wide. I get to spend big $ on one of them. help please:)
11 months ago

I am a portrait and travel photographer, just starting out. I upgraded to the D800 and I'm in love!! I currently have the Sigma 35 1.4 and need a portrait prime and ultra wide angle. I have the Nikon 85 1.4 in mind and also the Nikon 14-24. My question is if I can buy one big ticket lens which one should I start with? IF I purchase the Nikon 85 1.4 I will then buy a Samyang (Rokinon) 14mm for my wide. IF I buy the Nikon 14-24 then I will purchase the Nikon 85 1.8G. I can't have both big ticket lenses right now, but I need both focal lengths. Is the 85 1.4 so much better than the 85 1.8g? I need a fast, sharp lens, with pleasing bokeh. Is the 14-24 so much better than the Samyang 14mm? I use the wide angle a bit less but still want quality.

I hope this post was not too confusing! Any help would be appreciated:)

Cheers!

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow