Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bgalb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,307Gear list
Like?
Trip to Yucatan Peninsula - Put me Out of My Misery
11 months ago

I have seen numerous threads on "What Should I Do?" and have always thought, "Don't these people know their own mind?"  Now "These People" are ME.   I am agonizing over taking my E-M1 or E-M5 along with an old E-Pl3.

We are visiting my daughter's family who live in Merida, Mexico for ten days.

E-M1 - I have it customized with just the mysets and other settings that make it sooo easy to use and it is sooo ergonomic.  But it is bigger, more obtrusive, and heavier than the E-M5.

E-M5 - It is smaller, lighter, and looks like a typical superzoom point and shoot to most people.  Doesn't draw so much attention.  But it is not quite so easy to quickly change shooting parameters now that the E-M1 has spoiled me. And it arguably has a little more noise above base ISO.

I will probably use the E-Pl3 mostly for street shooting, anyway.  I am very conscious of cultural relations and don't want to be offensive in any way.

Have tenatively decided to take the E-M5, but every few days I change my mind.

Any opinions?

bgalb's gear list:bgalb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +5 more
Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN E-PL3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow