Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 3,436Gear list
Like?
E-M1 Wireless Remote Shutter Release - Inexpensive
3 months ago

There were a couple of threads, which I can't seem to find, on this subject a while back.

To summarize, the Olympus Smartphone app works fine as a wireless shutter release EXCEPT if you want to do HDR bracketing.

At least for the moment you need a normal remote shutter release for that. In one of the threads I can't find there were a number of options mentioned the best being this $65.95 one.

I didn't like that option so I did some more research and contacted the company that made the release I used for my FZ-200.

Bottom line, this $19.99 release arrived yesterday and it works great on my E-M1!

If someone wants to link in the other threads here that would probably be convenient for some folks. It would also bump the thread so more have a chance to see this.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow