ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rono007
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
First DSLR - Which One?
3 months ago

Hello all...

I am new to this site and am interested in photography. I have been a point-and-click guy my whole life and am ready to make a jump into the DSLR world with my first DSLR purchase. I want a camera that I can grow INTO and not OUT OF.

I currently use a Canon D20 for vacationing underwater shots, and it works quite well for its purpose.

My main camera to this point is a Canon G12.

I thought about going mirrorless with a Fuji X-E2 at a friends recommendation. However, this doesn't go fully automatic. I will need to be able to do that so my wife can use the camera as well, not to mention I will need to as I start to learn.

After about a week's worth of research and asking friends in the field, I have narrowed it down to 2 choices (if you have a better one, I am willing to listen)...

- Canon EOS 70D

- Nikon D7100

Which one of these models do you prefer for a beginner photog? I will be taking some short movies, and shooting lots of family shots as we vacation, my girls participating in sports (LAX, etc.), and some other general shots. I also want a general purpose everyday lens, and a not-too-expensive zoom lens for sporting events and such.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.

Rono007's gear list:Rono007's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot D20 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D Canon PowerShot D20 Canon PowerShot G12 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow