Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NewGirlLiz
Regular MemberPosts: 195
Like?
Do I have potential?
3 months ago

I've been following this forum for a few weeks now, and have learned so much already. I would now like to take a new step and ask for some feedback on some photos of my own.

Please bear in mind - I only upgraded from point and shoots a few months ago. I shoot all pics as jpegs and I have not as yet learned anything about post processing. I am not sharing these photos as examples of fine photography, and I am extremely shy about displaying them in the same forum that so many amazing photos are shared. But I figure that everyone started somewhere and I think it would be amazing if some of you brilliant photographers had any words of wisdom that could help me develop what is quickly becoming a passionate obsession.

I guess what I'm asking is - do you see any potential in these photographs? Do you think that with learning - including learning about post processing further down the line - and with lots of practice, I have got something that could be built on to become a decent photographer one day? What am I doing right? What am I doing wrong? What can I do to get better?

I don't have any grand ambitions. I don't want to be a professional photographer. I'd love to share my photos more widely one day, but at this point I just want to learn, learn, learn!

Many thanks for your time. Here are the pics. Mostly taken with EM1 & 12-40 lens. A couple taken on a compact in there too. I hope I haven't posted too many. I wanted to give a good selection of the kind of thing I shoot.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Liz

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow