Started 7 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Patrick Murphy-Racey
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
A7 is THE gamechanger
7 months ago

I shoot tons of video and now I can use NEX lenses, E mount lenses, A mount Sony glass, every last stinkin' Nikkor lens I own, lensbabys in two different mounts, Leica M glass, an old Pentax 85mm f/1.8 screw-mount lens, OM lenses, etc...  Sony has made an amazing box here that very few people are considering.  It is a true "open lens mount" camera that allows you to use whatever you choose rather than just what the manufacturer wants you to shoot with.

It shoots 24 & true 60P HD and you get to control the SS and aperture all by yourself, audio meters on screen, the best EVF out there that shows you what is actually hitting the chip right now, focus peaking for those of us getting older these days, and the ONLY option out there for a real balanced audio complete with XLR inputs and phantom 48V power....

I hope Nikon and Canon have one of these suckers back in Japan taken apart.  They better be making copious notes as DSLR sales slacken to new lows and mirrorless shoots for the heavens.  This is no fad.  The is the future and I'm so happy decided to give us that future back five years ago.  The a7 is a crowning achievement towards making the one camera that can literally do everything.  The great thing is that I now have THE BEST video platform out there and I'm loving every day with my A7.  Oh yeah, and the Zeiss glass doesn't suck, although they need to make a few more lenses sooner than later.     pm-r

Patrick Murphy-Racey's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow