A7R seen any sharp pic with 24mm and wider??

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
arcaswissi99
Forum MemberPosts: 98Gear list
Like?
A7R seen any sharp pic with 24mm and wider??
8 months ago

I don´t want to bash Sony A7R, Kudos to Sony for the great sensor. Besides some quirks which are more or less important depending on the personal importance of them, my biggest concern concern is if there will be any corner sharp wide angle lenses. Everything what I´ve seen in the range of 24 (28mm very few) and wider simply was not sharp. A few days ago the rumors site to Sony (I don´t know if I am allowed to post a link to them) placed a link to a Japanese or Korean site with samples of the upcoming 24-70/4,0. Unfortunately I can´t find them anymore but the quality wasn´t good. Neither with 4,0 nor with 8,0 the corners were sharp enough.

If I look into the A7R I can´t see the corners of the sensor anymore and there isn´t much way for the light to reach the corners.

Thus I am wondering if Sony made the right decision to use the Nex bajonet for the FF. As I am by no means a technician and obviously also Leica can manage a smaller bajonet (at least with some software help) I hope for all A7(r) owners that I am wrong. In the meantime I am very interested in corner sharp wide angle photos. The only one I´ve seen which was acceptable sharb was the Leica Wate which is out of my price range.

-- hide signature --

Erni
www.flickr.com/photos/arcaswissi

arcaswissi99's gear list:arcaswissi99's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow