What can -5° F to -10° F do?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,583Gear list
Like?
Re: Rob
In reply to Hollander, 8 months ago

Hi Rob,

The coldest weather I've ever lived in dropped down to -29°F air temperature at its lowest and we had a number of underground tunnels to avoid going outside. I can imagine what -40°F must have been like. Wow. On the other hand I've also lived in temps in the 120's° F where it didn't drop down below 100° even at night for the first two week stretch of the six months I was there. The strange thing was that that hot assignment immediately followed the cold one. Within 24 hours I was living in weather 90° hotter than the day before. I guess that's why I haven't followed my siblings to a warmer climate. I've just become accustomed to weather of any kind. And (most of the time at least) I take the proper precautions. Thanks for looking out for me.

As always, thanks for your thoughts on my photography as well. It's fun when Nature provides such wonderful subjects. And our little SX50s step up to capture them.

Take care,

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow