DSLRDashBoard not connecting (to D800 via TPLINK)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHXAZCRAIG
Forum ProPosts: 10,923Gear list
Like?
DSLRDashBoard not connecting (to D800 via TPLINK)
9 months ago

Anyone got some debugging information for determining why DSLRDashBoard won't connect to my D800e?

I'm using a TPLINK 3040, flashed to OpenWRT and set up with a wifi network and default settings.

I have the USB3 cable that came with the camera connected to the camera and the TPLINK.  Green lights come on at the TPLINK when the camera is powered up.

Android phone (Galaxy 3g) sees and connects wirelessly to the TPLINK-provided wifi service.

The TPLINK is at the default IP address of 192.168.1.1.   DSLRDashboard tries to connect to that IP address.

But all I ever get is 'unable to connect (io exception)'

Not a lot of troubleshooting info out there.  All the tutorials I see pretty much show this as a near plug-n-play.   Nothing to set on the camera, don't have to change defaults on the (customized) OpenWRT software.  Nothing to set in DSLRDashBoard.

I work with networks all the time, including wifi, so I'm very comfortable troubleshooting that technology, but that part all seems to be fine.   What I can't tell is whether any settings at all need to be done on the camera.   If the networking part of this is all correct (and I think it is), the problem seems more to be between TPLINK and the D800 than between dslrdashboard and the tplink.  But who knows?

-- hide signature --

Craig
www.cjcphoto.net

PHXAZCRAIG's gear list:PHXAZCRAIG's gear list
Nikon D80 Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 +32 more
Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow