Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 437Gear list
Like?
Selling points of x-t1
6 months ago

Hi, thinking about switching from Nikon FF to Fuji.  I shoot general use - landscapes, people whatever strikes my fancy.  I have fairly advance skills and shoot in manual and use LR and PS.

I have a D600 now, it's a great camera for photo quality.  It's been in the shop 4 times and still not fixed.  You know the usual oil spot problems.  Not a big deal to me, I don't let things like that bother me too much but I'm thinking about switching to fuji specifically the x-t1.  The Nikon is pretty good but the fuji would be I assume lighter smaller and a little easier to handle.  I don't mind lugging the Nikon around with the 2.8s but sometimes it's a little cumbersome.

The x-t1 will be an APS-C right?  Can the lens selection basically match or come close to the 14-200 on my FF.  That is, the "trinity" of Nikon lenses 14-24, 24-70, 70-200.  I like to shoot a prime or two as well.  I can get by with less of a lens selection but want to know what's available and what is the comparison to FF lenses on the Fuji.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

regards, David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow