Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
gizmoddict
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Which Camera to start with? Confused!
10 months ago

Hi Everyone, I just joined dpreview today.I am an aspiring Tech Reviewer on YouTube and I have a technology related YouTube channel for over a year now.Until now,I have made almost all the videos with my Sony Xperia S' Camera.But Now I want to buy a new camera for my video work.
I am not looking to make an investment in DSLRs or high end camcorders since everyone is slowly shifting to 4k and in two years or so maybe 4K would be the basic standard like 1080p is now.With that said,I am keen on buying a point and shoot like the Sony HX50V or the Nikon P330 or even Canon ELPH 110HS(Basically a camera which can shoot decent 1080p videos)
So I wanted to know if it is a wise decision to invest in a decent 1080p point and shoot camera now and then shift to a high end Camera after 1 or 2 years when 4k equipment would be more affordable?
Or should i atleast invest in an entry level dslr like the d3100 or something like that now?
Thank You

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow