Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FrankS009
Senior MemberPosts: 2,224Gear list
Like?
Showing less than perfect images.
8 months ago

I am assembling some of my better images after about three years of m4/3rds (was a point & shooter for a year or two before that.) I find it difficult not to include photographs in the collection that I really like but are not by any means perfect. When is it legitimate to include them and when not?

For example the following photo was takenĀ  during the "fashion show" segment of the African Cabaret evening of entertainment held in 2011 by the African Association in Sudbury Ontario. It was taken with a GF1 and 20mm at a distance of about ten metres or so, and cropped after that.

I enjoy it. But its technical imperfections are obvious.  Can it be shown to someone else as an example of my work?

F.

-- hide signature --

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

FrankS009's gear list:FrankS009's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow