Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
D300s Used Prices very attractive
8 months ago

For those looking for a second camera and do not mind not-so-hot low light/ high ISO shooting i.e. shoot most at ISO 200-400 and or flash, the used prices of D300s's is quite incredible now.

I saw one on the famed auction site just now for USD678 buy it now. Under 10,000 actuations, reputedly great condition.

Another at a dealer on that same site (reputable dealer), condition rated 8, with MD-10 grip, USD 750 (or best offer), under 47,000 actuations.

A year and a half ago, it was hard to see one of these in such condition for under USD 1,000.

Hmmmm, much lower and I might be tempted to get a second, back up D300(s). Thinking carefull about it recently, the build, AF , useability etc of the D300 is important to me.

Wonderful, what new releases (even if not up to the same capability in some ways) can do to prices for the rest of us.

PS - On an aside, auction site D200 prices seem to have 'set' at between USD 350 to USD 400 for good condition copies. Interesting.

-- hide signature --

Amateur photographer. Enjoy.....believe in yourself..

Bajerunner's gear list:Bajerunner's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED +8 more
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow