ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
P13t3r
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Starting out with (living-room)studio photography
8 months ago

Hi all,

I'm interested in the possibility's to do some studio photography in my living-room. I am not new to photography but definitely am to flash/"studio' photography. My idea is to do some portrait/glamour shooting of my friends and family in my living room. To be honest, i don't know how much time i can spend on this new hobby and i'm not entirely sure that i like shooting portraits in a studio environment (i do know that i like shooting portraits in a more relaxed/natural environment, so i'm not too worried about that). Having said that, i don't want to fork out huge amounts of money but i also not want to be stuck with a system that doesn't allow for (easy) upgrades in case i do like this type of photography. Second hand is a viable option for me especially if that gives me more bang for the buck. (I can buy a refurbished Nikon D200 with a year warranty for ~€ 150,- over here for ex.).

So my question; can you recommend a budget system that would allow me to shoot above average portraits/glamour shots. I don't have any gear at the moment and i don't have a particular brand favor.

To show you i did a little bit of homework. This is the setup that i was thinking about;

• Nikon D200 (refurbished + 1 year warranty)
  • 50mm 1.8 
  • 3x Yongnuo 560III (+ trigger)

Thanks for reading!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow