Re: Of course shutter shock matters
In reply to Paulmorgan, 8 months ago

Paulmorgan wrote:

Anders W wrote:

Paulmorgan wrote:

sebiruns wrote:

tt321 wrote:

sebiruns wrote:

"So is such "religious fanatism" what you would say distinguished the small group who first insisted that mother earth is round rather than flat and that she is moving rather than stationary from all those who said that such couldn't be the case because they didn't "experience" it?"

As I said. Get a grip. We are discussing blurred pictures. Not quite the same magnitude as the switch from earth-centric to helio-centric worldview.

And I don't doubt shutter shock exists. But this is a phenomenon in a human made product and therefore can be better or worse depending on the product. This isn't a law of nature. You are not Galileo Galilei.

Here in this forum, which happens to be gear-centric and about cameras, shutter shock is much more important than the stuff investigated by Galileo.

Than why just discuss it. Let's make a study. Somebody tell me how to certainly provoke shutter shock with either my rx100 or my e-p5 and I will gladly give it a try and post the pics in this thread afterwards. Any suggestions?

I think you will need to belong to some exclusive club.

No membership of any kind required. Not so sure about the other side though. For example, we have that truly exclusive club of shutter-shock deniers consisting of you, Alumna Gorp, and Silvernitrate. Why the three of you (it's actually an interesting case of split personality) don't find any sign of shutter shock is explained here:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/52940434

Apparently, you find nothing wrong with the sharpness of that lens.

don't find any sign of shutter shock is explained here

And why should there be, it is more than likely the result of firstly getting focus lock, but then moving before squeezing the shutter all the way, his camera must be really bad if he`s getting your shutter shock at 1/5000s.

You didn't get it. The point is that since you are unable to see the blur in that case, you wouldn't see it in the case of shutter shock either. Apparently, you are suffering from poor visual perception. I suggest you send yourself in to see if someone can get it fixed.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow