Cut price TZ40/ZS30 now or wait and get full priced TZ60/ZS40?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
khnvet
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Cut price TZ40/ZS30 now or wait and get full priced TZ60/ZS40?
8 months ago

Hi all, first time posting here. Where I am living I can get a TZ40 now for 60% of the price of TZ60 when it comes out in March-ish, I was just wondering what your opinions are on whether or not the TZ60 is worth the wait and the extra bucks.

The advantage of TZ60, out in March, is EVF, RAW recording, faster Auto Focus and supposedly better image quality (in terms of purple fringing, chromatic abberation experienced by some owners of TZ40). Also there is a control ring and the optical zoom is 30x instead of 20x (though I don't think it will make a big difference as I am not planning on carrying a tripod everywhere). On the other hand, the TZ60 does not have touch screen.

I am planning on doing some extensive travelling this year and am planning on travelling light, that's why I am looking to get a decent travel zoom. I am still a beginner in many sense but I am hoping to start doing raw shooting in the near future and the TZ60 seems to fit all the bill, just quite a bit more expensive and I have to wait another 2 months.

Many thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30 (Lumix DMC-TZ40) Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS40 (TZ60)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow