Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
JimmyMelbourne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,732Gear list
Like?
Re: JimmyMelbourne: Probably Best To Discuss W/ Nordstjernen
In reply to William Curtindale, 7 months ago

William Curtindale wrote:

JimmyMelbourne wrote:

Is it just me or does the iso 6400 photo look less noisy?

Im not sure how this can be a solution for anything, when shooting at iso 100 the image turns black so reviewing the image after the shot will be difficult.

Jimmy, this is beyond me to explain (you need to discuss with Nordstjernen, I know he can explain).

Yes, my ISO 100 sample appears to have more noise (could something I did in PP - don't think so be I don't really know).

I find this experiment very interesting and know there is more to learn. For now I will continue to adjust Shutter, aperture and ISO (old fashioned thinking). At least I can see a benefit of understanding how much forgiveness there is in using too low of an ISO (I think that's good to know).

I also find it very interesting in this discussion to think about exposure in terms shutter and aperture and of how much light hits the sensor (disregarding the sensor sensitivity - not totally sure but I think I said the right). Yeah, I need to get my head around this stuff.

-- hide signature --

A99, A900, A700 w/Zeiss + Sony G Glass
http://curtindale.net/ http://www.youtube.com/TheWillybug

I get the general principle and do feel it supports the notion of correct exposure as the driving principle. I am just not sure how practical it is to try and shoot lower ISO (to the point of blacking out the scene) all the time to reduce noise when other advantages are lost, such as seeing the output after the shot is taken rather than trying to correct in post processing. As a test its quite interesting.

JimmyMelbourne's gear list:JimmyMelbourne's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A300 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A37 NEX5R Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow