Started 11 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
What about lens cleaning pens????
11 months ago

I need some info on lens cleaning. First let me explain the situation. I am waiting on my 3rd P7100 to arrive. The first two had defects, namely, a play back problem on the first one and lens problems on the second one. Number 2 has a speck in or under the glass which I find unacceptable since when I sell it, I will have to declare to the prospective buyer. It's other problem is a finger print and a foggy coating on the lens. The problem started when I found a smudge on the lens and tried to remove it. It turned out to be a finger print which became a coating as I tried to remove it with micro fiber and a little liquid lens cleaner. This smudge was on the lens before I really inspected it. I did not put it there. I was able to remove most of it with the same lens cleaner and a soft cotton T shirt. However, after 2 cleanings some was still there. At this point, I was afraid to rub anymore, so I returned it to Wal Mart for a refund. I ordered the 3rd one. Will see what this one yields. One other point about the smudge....with light shinning straight into the lens it did not show, only with an angular light almost skimming across the top of the lens. What is the best way to clean a lens without just spreading the smudge stuff or scratching it? Too bad the P7100 does not have provision for filters.
Thanks for any help, Dan

-- hide signature --

Christian Amateur Photographer

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Nikon Coolpix P7700 Canon PowerShot S110
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon Coolpix P7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow