Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
VisionLight
Senior MemberPosts: 2,728Gear list
Like?
Re: Murry
In reply to MurryG, 11 months ago

MurryG wrote:

Ed,

N(ICE) photo of the river covered with choppy ice and snow. I remember that season--growing up in Denver and ice skating on the public park lakes that would freeze solid enough to support a few hundred skaters. Of course on up in the Rockies just west of town it was easy to find frozen skating rinks. Ah to be young again??

The low tomorrow is supposed to be only down to 5° and the high all the way up into the 20's. A heatwave at last.   Good thing I caught the icy river today. I'm happy you liked it. It took me longer than I would have liked out in the river trying to come up with an interesting composition. What we do for our art.

It is good to see the the SX50 performs so well in cold weather.

I guess I should think about things like taking a P&S out in such conditions, but I've done so a number of times now and it hasn't let me down. It's not only versatile, it's down right tough as well.

We are supposed to get the tail end of this latest cold snap tomorrow and Friday but should be back in the 70s come this weekend

That's sounding very inviting. So stay warm for two more days and then enjoy. We'll probably see some pictures from you.

Ed

VisionLight's gear list:VisionLight's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 5D Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow