Some confusion re assigning a source profile...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
charley5
Contributing MemberPosts: 979
Like?
Re: My Workflow...
In reply to jtoolman, 7 months ago

jtoolman wrote:

charley5 wrote:

Sorry, I pressed the wrong button on the previous post. I am using a Sigma SD15. I use Sigma's software (SPP) to convert raw files to jpg, using the sRGB setting (question: should I be saving to aRGB or proRGB instead?). I can't print from SPP because my images are heavily processed in Photoshop to give them an artistic look. I downloaded the ICC profile for the paper I am using, mainly Canson Platine Fibre Rag. I followed the steps outlined in the Canson site. the only discrepancy was that they suggested using aRGB, and I used sRGB when I saved the jpg file from raw.

In Photoshop (CS3) my settings are:

Center Image; Scale 102.27%; 15x10; PS manages colors; Printer Profile: File I downloaded from Canson; Rendering Intent: Perceptual; Black Point Compensate (ticked): The latter two settings were specified by Canson. The Page Setup Settings were also specified by Canson.

I didn't fiddle at all with the 3880 settings.

Well you should have fiddled. By turning off color management in the 3880 driver. Did you?

You may be double profiling after all that.

Joe

Sure did. In PS: Mode, custom, off (no color adjustment)

The issue: Blues in my prints are muted and appear almost slightly purplish. Yellows are great. Greens and oranges are also slightly muted.

I hope I provided enough information.

Thanks,

-Charles

-- hide signature --

My main printers ( there are more though )
2200/CX-7400/R-1900/R-2000/R-2400/R-2880/PRO-3800/R-340/R-380/SP-1400/Artisan- 725/Canon-Pro-9000MKII/Canon-PRO-9500 MKII / PRO-100
MY VIDEO CHANNEL. PRINTING and personal videos.
https://www.youtube.com/user/cheo1949

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow