Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
K E Hoffman
Senior MemberPosts: 3,622Gear list
Like?
Fun with the A77 today!!!
11 months ago

Photos later but just wanted to share...

I teach a weekly photography class as a volunteer to 5th & 6th graders.. All P&S with my kid's Nikon J1 being the most advanced camera.. so while we cover some of the basics... so they get exposed to the idea of exposure, aperture, shutter speed and DOF.. We spend more time on rule of thirds, using fore ground frames.. looking for new angles etc.

Its a small Catholic school so it has an auction...

The class with me at the lead is doing a "Day in the Life..." book to be auctioned off at the school.

I shot over 860 shots on 1.5 batteries. Today....

I used 12FPS for 5-6 sequences and got some cool shots. Like what happens when a girl with hair halfway down her back jumps over a plastic cone... very cool.

I did some PANOS especially of all the parent cars in line at the end of the day for pick up.

Set up a sports Memory for ISO3200 shot PE and intermural basketball..   shot the rest of the day ISO 100-1600 and most of the shots will be 800-1600 because I used flash about 4 times

7 hours with a few breaks just shooting the school and I think the 5 students who did bring cameras to class to shoot... did about 100 shots between them..   We will credit all their photos and the whole class will help choose shots in Fridays class so everyone feels involved.

Just plan fun and used a lot of the features.

I really like using the tilt screen to move the camera down to the kids eye level when shooting..

Just Fun!

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

K E Hoffman's gear list:K E Hoffman's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Nikon 1 J1 Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro +5 more
Nikon 1 J1 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow