Irrational views on SLT part duex

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
sybersitizen
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,500
Like?
Is you mind open or not?
In reply to Shield3, 9 months ago

Shield3 wrote:

If it were truly "ISO-less" then the results shouldn't change based on exposure time.

You do not yet understand the term 'ISO-less'. That's okay, you will.

It's not. That's why on all cameras you see the dynamic range and shadow noise go to pot at high ISO's.

You'll never get me to think otherwise.

Then why are you discussing anything?

I do appreciate you continuing to say "not sure if you're trolling" to somehow add credibility to your claim though. Bonus points.

A properly exposed ISO6400 shot then shot at ISO 100 would certainly mean the 100 shot is going to get blown out.

Again, you do not yet understand the term 'ISO-less'. All it means is that every shot can be made at base ISO and then 'amplified' after the fact instead of in the camera.

But, again, if they were truly ISO-less one should be able to do what I've done in this thread and the shots be very similar. Why aren't they?

Because you exposed one shot for 1/100 second and the other for 1/8000 second.

If cameras were truly "ISO-less" then the inverse would be true - a "properly exposed" ISO 100 shot could be re-shot after setting the camera to ISO 6400 (with nothing else changing) and the images could be recovered to look identical in post.

You're just making stuff up. Nobody has to take that made-up statement into account. But the reason it won't work is that the ISO 6400 image will already be amplified internally, thus permanently losing most highlight data. Again, you do not yet understand the term 'ISO-less'. All it means is that every shot can be made at base ISO and then 'amplified' after the fact instead of in the camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow