Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PeterK
Contributing MemberPosts: 874
Like?
SDHC Card Failure in 5DIII ???
11 months ago

Was out in a snowstorm yesterday taking photos and my relatively new Lexar 32GB SDHC 600x card failed. It was snowing heavily, about 12 degrees (F) and I had been shooting for about 90 minutes. Got a message on the 5DIII screen saying cannot write to card, reformat or (something?). Removed and reinserted the card. No change. Had a plastic sleeve over the cam, and no snow or moisture I could see in the card compartment. The CF card continued to work just fine.

Later, at home, I inserted card into PC and was able to see the photos I had taken up until the failure point. Seems to work in camera fine now.

Has anyone heard of these cards failing in low temperature or high moisture conditions?

Oh, btw, I had an identical card in my 70D, which continued to work fine for hours, and I actually got a lot more snow on the 70D than the 5DIII

Thanks,

Peter

-- hide signature --

www.pkphoto.net

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow