Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
pxchoi
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
How does the AF on the Df compare to the OMD
3 months ago

I'm not a professional, just someone very enthusiastic about photography. The high ISO performance of the Df sells me and I miss shooting a DSLR after shooting mirrorless for a couple years.

I was a long time 7D owner and it was a fantastic camera with a great focusing system. However, for the things that I photograph, it's very rare that I need AF tracking. I sold the 7D in favor of something smaller and better for "everyday" shooting which is why I shoot with the OMD. Again, for my needs, I think the OMD has great focusing capabilities and never had a problem or issue.

Now, here I am... thinking about getting the Df. But I'm hearing a lot of comments about how its focusing system just isn't up to the par. Now, I get it... the camera costs as much as the D800 with "lesser" capabilities. But how does the focusing compare to cameras like the OMD or maybe even the 7D which is now a 5 year old camera (I think).

Any feedback is appreciated

-- hide signature --

www.patrickchoi.com
www.flickr.com/patrick_choi

Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800 Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow