Shutter Shock - Size DOES Matter!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Guy Parsons
Forum ProPosts: 19,255Gear list
Like?
Re: Of course shutter shock matters
In reply to sebiruns, 10 months ago

sebiruns wrote:

Than why just discuss it. Let's make a study. Somebody tell me how to certainly provoke shutter shock with either my rx100 or my e-p5 and I will gladly give it a try and post the pics in this thread afterwards. Any suggestions?

I've never bothered to really test for it, but I can see that mounting the camera on a wobbly jelly and firing remotely, then mounting it to a very heavy tripod and again firing remotely, should find something as that relates to the possible range of hand-holding ability it seems.

Of course use a lens that is deemed to be susceptible and test each shutter speed from say 1/10 sec to 1/200 second taking 10 shots at each speed.

Then sit back and enjoy pixel peeping the mess to see if any conclusions are reached.

I guess that's why I've never bothered to do it, but I still intend to buy a 3 way accelerometer one day and try and see the body vibration and direction of vibration.

Hells bells, I can feel it shake in my hands when I shoot so there's something there that could cause problems under the right/wrong conditions. In truth I've maybe seen the problem twice in a few years so I've never bothered to chase it.

I do know and have proved though that my E-PL1 at least does add a tiny blur to any image at any speed if IBIS is used, seen first at very fast shutter speeds which should be immune from shake, maybe people are confusing IBIS/OIS blur with shutter shake.

Regards..... Guy

Guy Parsons's gear list:Guy Parsons's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 +17 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow