Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AdeF
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
6d private sale, advice?
8 months ago

I'm seriously considering a 6d through a private sale and wonder what I should be careful of before buying. Here's the story:

The seller bought it very recently from an art student who sold it to buy a video camera for his next project. The seller bought it only because he wanted the 24-105 lens for an anticipated purchase of a 5d mk 3. I haven't seen it yet but the seller claims it looks in perfect condition, seems to work properly both in a variety of photos with and without a flash. He's going to check the number of shutter actuations before I meet him tomorrow.

Assuming it's a good price can any of you advise on what else I should be asking about or testing this 6d that would assure me that going to be satisfied with it?

BTW, the seller doesn't have the original box but the sale does include the battery, charger etc. It just occurred to me that the camera may still be under warranty - how would I know for sure?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

AdeF's gear list:AdeF's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM +2 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
+2New
+3New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow