A question about Lightroom Catalogs (sic) .......

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,294Gear list
Like?
A question about Lightroom Catalogs (sic) .......
6 months ago

(or Catalogues).

I've downloaded a trial version of Lightroom. I know many here use that programme so I've decided to see if I can figure out why. I've installed previous versions and always found the Catalog system to be a deal breaker. I find it cumbersome and tedious to use, from previous experience. I'm comparing it to ACDSee Pro, which also has non-destructive editing but that programme simply stores the editing information in a "caddy" file which resides in the Folder with the images. In effect, ACDSee creates a little Catalog "on the fly" and does it quietly behind the scenes without troubling the user about it. This allows you to access any image (from within ACDSee Pro) using your ordinary folder structure, just as you do in Windows Explorer for most other File management tasks. In fact ACDSee Pro is an excellent Image management database programme as well as an editor.

So - how do you good people work with Catalogs in Lightroom and how does that integrate with your image (file) management system?

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow